How to Prevent Tonsil Stones?
Following are some of the steps you can perform to prevent tonsil stones:
Good Oral Hygiene
You need to maintain a good oral hygiene. More often than not people just tend to brush their teeth ignoring the tongue which is the worst possible mistake you can commit because 80 to 90 percent of bad breath cases are due to dirty tongue.
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss regularly.
- Limit the snacking in between the meals.
- Use dental products which constitute fluoride.
- Remove plaque from the surface of your teeth.
You need to give up smoking right now to get away with tonsil stones. Smoking is not only hazardous to your overall health but can cause serious complications in your mouth resulting in tonsilloliths.
- Keep a check on your intake of alcohol as well. Alcohol is equally potential and troublesome in exposing you to the risk of tonsilloliths.
- Stay away from discrete tobacco products. There’s no brainer in this. Chewing on tobacco can have repercussions such as tooth decay, gum diseases and tooth loss.
Salt Water Gargle
Salt water gargle is another way you can prevent tonsil stones. Gargling salt water reduces the formation of tonsilloliths eradicating the odor caused by them.
- Mix a small pinch of sea salt into a glass of water.
- Stir with spoon until it gets dissolved.
- Take the mixture and gargle with it on daily basis.
Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and try to have at least 8-10 glasses of water per day. Health experts recommend around 2 liters of fluid intake each day. Water is the remedy for more than half of the ailments we sustain.
- Take 2 glasses of water early morning after you wake up.
- Sip another two before having your breakfast.
- Guzzle two more glasses of water during lunch.
- Repeat the routine in the evening and night.
By adhering to the above water schedule, you shall end up having minimum 8-10 glasses without any doubt.