Women are epitome of beauty. Their enticing and mesmerizing hair has been the center of attraction in umpteen verses and rhymes written since eternity. Embellishing long and aesthetic strands has always held the first and foremost place in the beauty regime of the fairer sex.
“Hair, indubitably, is a reflection of a woman’s identity whether when tied in a messy bun, left loose, entwined in a braid, knotted in a ponytail or inter-weaved in a plait. No matter what the texture of your tresses is, how long they are, which colour they characterise, how straight or curly they are; these lustrous locks add elegance to a woman’s personality.”
Besides elevating the physical beauty, strands are indispensable to the self-confidence a woman portrays. Often, our mood of the day is decided on the parameters of how happy our hair is. Tousled and bad hair equalizes to a bad day while flowing and happy strands instantly amp up our mood. Yet it has become hard for us ladies to maintain our lovable tresses by keeping their essence intact owing to the several factors including environmental ones such as sweltering heat, harsh cold winds, pollution, temperature variations; lifestyle influences which comprise improper care of mane, use of inadequate hair products, anxiety, unbalanced diet, certain medication and hormonal changes which rip the stresses off their shine and suppleness leaving them dry and brittle hampering their further growth.
COMMON PROBLEMS PERTAINING TO HAIR
We, women, adore our hair more than anything else in this world but following are some common problems faced by almost every woman which hinder us from possessing and flaunting those envious locks.
1. Hair fall – It is normal to lose around 50 to 100 strands of hair each day and on the days when your mane is washed the count can go up to 250 strands. It would be too arduous to count your hair to keep a track of hair loss so there exists some non-absurd ways to know when your hair is thinning or being lost at a higher rate. Waking up to the large amount of broken tresses on your pillow, a chunk of strands left behind on comb after being done with combing are some visual cues women can look for over time.
2. Loss of shine – Who would not want to own the shiny, lustrous hair but daily wear and tear robs the radiance of your hair. Shiny hair has a cuticle which is naturally smooth and flat. It’s plumped with water and enriched with natural oils that keep the whole cuticle glued together. Frequent washes, shampoo scrubbing, careless under conditioning, towel drying, hot-styling appliances, leave-in creams and gels, chemical coloring and UV radiations make your mane appear dull.
3. Rough hair – Smooth, soft and silky strands which your fingers cannot resist from stroking are like a dream come true. Common cause behind dry and rough hair can be attributed to your scalp being unable to produce enough oils to moisturize your hair. Hair has no natural lubrication. It relies on the oils made in the roots of tresses to keep them moisturised. Over washing, harsh shampoo, frequent blow drying, heating appliances, chemical treatments leave you with rough and dry hair.
4. Split ends – Split ends, in addition to damaging your hair, make your hair look awful. There can be several reasons for getting split ends and they are hard to repair as well. Never ever make the mistake of ignoring split ends as it can result in the splitting of more shaft of hair. There may be the same origin of every split, that is, weathering and damage but you may be surprise to know that split ends are of six types, namely, basic, mini, fork in the road, tree, candle and knot. Identify yours and treat accordingly.
5. Itchy scalp – Constantly scratching your head because of an itchy scalp could be more than just dandruff. Dandruff, seborrhea, head lice, scalp psoriasis, ringworm, bacterial infection and allergic reactions are some of the conditions contributing to the itchy scalp. Scratching causes scratch marks and little crusty sores throughout the scalp. You should use medicated or anti-dandruff shampoos to get purge of itchy scalp.
Now that you are acquainted with discrete problems associated with hair, fret not because below are some home remedies to get healthy, long, shiny, silky and soft hair. Have a look!
1. Coconut Oil
Remember those hot oil massages our grannies would give us to in our childhood? There cannot be put much emphasis on the deep nourishing effect a coconut oil massage can have on your mane. Regular application of coconut oil can retain the moisture and shine of your dry and dull hair.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera gel is a boon to your tresses for it comprises enzymes, antioxidants and vitamins which promote healthy hair growth making it soft and smooth. It helps combat dandruff and rough hair while penetrating into the strands. Mix freshly extracted gel with water and apply on your hair. Leave for about half an hour rinsing it afterwards.
Yogurt serves as the best conditioner you would ever come across for your hair. It gives you smooth, soft and silky hair. Brush your mane neatly using a wide-tooth comb and then apply some plain yogurt spreading it all over to your strands. Cover your hair with a shower cap for about 30 minutes. Afterwards wash off with lukewarm water and shampoo.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is another great home remedy which paves way to the smooth and shiny hair. It works as an amazing conditioner which maintains the pH level of hair. It works as a cleaning agent as well as an effective germ killer. Mix quarter cup of vinegar with a cup of water and rinse your hair with it after washing your tresses with shampoo.
The only drawback of these remedies is, however, that they cater to the one or two aforementioned problems and not all of them. If you want all of your these problems to dwindle in tandem, then you should definitely try H-Care Hair Oil offered by Atiya Herbs, an herbal company founded by the renowned Hakim Suleman Khan, which renders aid to each and every hair problem that ever exists under the sun. It is a one-stop hair care solution for all your hair concerns. So hurry and grab your bottle which will take you one step closer to attain your dream hair.