Took out that old blue jeans to wear in sheer ecstasy but were compelled to stuff it back in the cupboard, have to think twice before gorging on that scrumptious looking chocolate truffle pastry topped with choco chips, commuting in public modes of transportation which have standard seat size gives you chills, always pray for that “lift overweight” buzzer not to get alarm when boarding elevator, have long back isolated the idea of enjoying the adventurous rides ever which an amusement park offers, have lost the count of chairs which became victim to overweight giving up their lives and the list goes on. No, it is not compiled to ridicule the owners of obesity but to genuinely address the tribulations experience by them in day-to-day lives.
Obesity is a medical condition in which there is excess fat accumulated on the body leading to hazardous consequences on health. Being by and large the root cause of every ailment, it should be taken far more seriously than it actually is. Consuming more calories than you should result in overweight. When Body Mass Index is ranged between 25 and 30, one is considered to be overweight and when it goes above 30, it is obesity.
Health Risks of Obesity and Overweight:
1. Heart Stroke and Disease – Extra pounds on your body expose you to high cholesterol and high blood pressure, both of which are potential causes of heart stroke and diseases.
2. Brain Stroke – Being overweight leads to the building of plaque in arteries eventually forming a blood clot. If the clot happens to be close to the brain, it could block the flow of oxygen and blood to brain causing a stroke. The risk of having a stroke elevates as BMI upsurges.
3. Type 2 Diabetes – Most of the people who are affected by type 2 diabetes are overweight. It is an illness wherein glucose levels of body are way too high. The cells in body are unable to use and produce insulin properly over time following by diabetes.
4. Cancer – Abdominal obesity and weight gain during adulthood are linked with several cancers. Obesity raises the risks of cancers of the esophagus, pancreas, colon, rectum, breast, endometrium, kidney and gallbladder.
5. Gallstones – Gallstones are hard pieces of stone-like material which are formed in gallbladder, made up of cholesterol. Gallstones can cause stomach or back pain. People who are overweight or obese are at an increased risk of having gallstones. Also, being overweight may result in an enlarged gallbladder that doesn’t work well.
Tips for Losing Weight:
Nobody does ever like to flaunt those clumsy looking love handles. Get purge of them with some following fruitful tips:
1. Drink plenty of water
Before you munch on those unhealthy fried snacks, drink a glass of water first. Thirst is sometimes confused with hunger and you end up eating extra calories when an ice-cold glass of water is all that you needed. Drinking plenty of water boosts metabolism as well helping you burn off calories. If plain water doesn’t cut it, try drinking flavored sparkling water or brewing a cup of fruit-infused herbal tea.
2. Do not diet, eat healthy instead
No other concept has been mistaken so badly other than dieting, that too when linked with losing weight. Diets never work in the long run. Rather, people who do dieting tend to gain more weight over time. It has been found that dieting is consistent predictor of future weight gain. You should focus on nourishing your body with healthy foods instead of depriving it from the same. Skipping your meals is never the solution.
3. Exercise daily
Make it a habit of exercising for around 20 minutes per day. By exercising, it is not meant that you have to necessarily sweat it out in the gym but you can alter your few habits of course. Take the staircase in place of elevator, walk to the bus or train you have to catch or maybe all the way to your work, get out and do some window shopping with friends rather than sitting over a cup of coffee, take your pet out for walk instead of lethargically spreading yourself on couch watching television. The whole point is to divulge in as much walking as you can.
4. Stock on healthy foods
Fill your fridge with healthy products. Ready-to-eat snacks and meals-in-minutes are convenient as well as healthy foods which will keep your desire of ordering that pizza away. Just 10 minutes and you will be satisfying your appetite with healthy meal. Some essentials to keep handy are frozen vegetables, whole-grain pasta, reduced-fat cheese, canned tomatoes, canned beans, pre-cooked grilled chicken breast, whole grain tortillas or pitas and bags of salad greens.
5. Never skip breakfasts
Skip breakfast and you will lose weight. If that has been your mantra, then chuck it right away because studies have dismissed this. Not eating your breakfast can make you hungry later resulting in binge eating and gobbling on luncheon and dinner. Always take out time for a healthy morning meal which is enriched with high fiber, low in fats and constitutes fruits.
Now put an end to the excuse of “I am not fat, I am healthy” because obesity can never be substituted for healthy. Besides these tips, you can also opt for herbal medication.
F. Care Capsules of Atiya herbs, a unique herbal company founded by renowned Hakim Suleman Khan, has been proved very effective in losing weight and getting rid of obesity. You can talk to their experts as well if you wish to seek solution for any of your queries regarding weight loss.