‘Breakfast is like a king’ is an old adage, which has its origin in the belief that we need more energy at the start of the day and as day progresses the absorbing capacity of the body decreases and any heavy meal after lunch get stored as fat. Now, medical studies have proved that this adage has elements of truth in it. Studies have confirmed that by eating breakfast like a king leads to weight lose and better control on diabetes and obesity.
The secret behind this is the rhythm of the body called circadian rhythm which is physical, mental and behavioural changes happening in the body as day progresses. This circadian rhythm affects metabolism, that is the process of food by the body. So during second half of the day the metabolism gradually slows down and eating heavy meals at lunch or dinner directly leads to storage of fats in the body.
EATING BREAKFAST LIKE A KING HELPS IN WEIGHT CONTROL TOO
If we eat Breakfast like a king, it ensures the following important things for better weight control:
1. The hunger is kept at bay till the next meal time i.e lunch.
2. And need for less than heavy lunch is sufficient to have feeling of fullness.
3. Then one tends to have light dinner.
EATING BREAKFAST LIKE A KING HELPS IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS
1. The hormone which increases the appetite is less after eating breakfast like a king.
2. This less hormone makes sure that eating through rest of the day is less, so less eating give them fullness feeling.
3. Those who take breakfast like a king have low insulin levels, glucose levels and fat in blood, this makes them less prone to diabetes, heart issues and obesity.
4. Early heavy eating leads to less weight & fat around waist.
Thus we can say that with all other factors equal eating breakfast like a king is healthy eating.