Blood pressure machine or monitor is the device which is used to get the blood pressure readings of a person in digital form. They are used on upper arm or on wrists. There are lot of blood pressure monitors available in the market in both digital and non digital category. The blood pressure you buy should be accurate and suitable for you.
BLOOD PRESSURE MONITORS
The blood pressure monitors which are used at home are widely available now. They generally give you much better picture of blood pressure, because you can regularly monitor the blood pressure readings over long period of time.
GOOD TIPS FOR BUYING THE BEST BLOOD PRESSURE CHECK MACHINE
– Make sure that the blood pressure monitor is clinically tested.
– The cuff which comes with upper arm BP monitors must be of your size. Otherwise you won’t get accurate readings.
– The blood pressure monitor with upper arm monitoring gives accurate reading than with lower arm or finger tip readings.
– Some monitors with memory record come at higher prices.
– Blood pressure monitor must give both systolic (pressure on arteries) and diastolic (contraction of heart) reading to get the true BP reading.
– Blood pressure machine should also measure pulse rate.
REVIEW : DIGITAL BLOOD PRESSURE MONITORS
Digital blood pressure monitors come in two categories, used on upper arm one and used on wrist.
– The automatic blood pressures monitors, also known as digital blood pressures, are considered more accurate than others.
– Some automatic or digital blood pressure monitors come with memory recording facility for readings, which cost more than without memory recording ones.
– Monitor with recording facility is not better than one without it. It all depends on your preference.
– Recalibrate your automatic BP monitor once every two years for accurate results.
– Make sure that reading are clear to read and understand and direction of use are easy to follow.
– Some Automatic BP monitors are wireless, which makes them very convenient to use, and you can get readings on your smart phones.
– Here the data is easy to read and you can also share it online with doctor.
– Data storage capacity.
– They do not come with batteries, this means that you have to buy batteries at additional cost.
– They take time to get used to.
– Expensive than others.
– Automatic BP for wrist do not give accurate readings.
REVIEW : MANUAL BLOOD PRESSURE MONITORS
Manual arm blood pressure monitor – this comes with a cuff which is wrapped around upper arm and a ball is squeezed repeatedly to inflate the cuff. The inflate cuff then tightens the upper arm and give you blood pressure reading.
– They are easy to use.
– Cost is less compare to automatic blood pressures monitors.
– Do not required any battery, so additional cost is nil.
– You manually have to squeeze the ball to inflate the cuff.
– They have no memory space keeping record of readings.
Users have to decide the kind of blood pressure monitor they want. Any monitor you buy must be from clinically tested brand with accurate reading performance .