People usually fail to understand the difference in type-1 and type-2 diabetes. If you are suffering from type-2 diabetes, your body doesn’t produce enough hormones called insulin, or the insulin doesn’t work properly. This process is called insulin resistance. At first, our pancreas makes extra insulin to make-up for it. But over-the-time, pancreas couldn’t produce enough insulin for the body to keep the blood glucose at normal levels. If you want to control your blood sugar levels, then it is a good idea to rely on essential oils for diabetes type 2.
It has been perceived, that diabetes can be tempered with the use of essential oils such as; cinnamon, coriander, or ylang-ylang. These oils are formulated from various plant extractions, prepared through a cold pressing or steam distillation process. After the process, they can be topically used or diffused through the air into the body. Although essential oils can never cure diabetes completely, they can help reduce some aggravation of the condition. Listed here are best 5 essential oils for diabetes type 2:
- Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum) – Coriander oil is very effective at controlling blood glucose, increase insulin secretion and also help with digestive issues. Traditionally, coriander has been used as an aid in the healing digestive conditions, anorexia, flatulence, gripe pains and for children’s diarrhea.
- Cinnamon bark (Cinnamon Zeylancium) – Cinnamon oil is one of the most commonly considered oils in terms of diabetic management. Many studies have revealed that it can be effective in managing pancreatic functions and promotes good weight loss results. It may also help lower blood glucose levels when used correctly.
- Clove oil– clove oil is extensively helpful in reducing enzyme levels in the pancreas. And researchers believe that these enzymes (α-amylase and α-glycosidase) are linked to type-2 diabetes. And this helps in preventing diabetes that is caused by oxidative stress.
- Lavender Oil– One of the most versatile oil, Lavender oil is also used to relieve some diabetes symptoms and also helps in balancing blood sugar levels. Lavender oil helps your body in producing potent antioxidants, which can help prevent and reverse oxidative stress.
- Ylang-ylang – This is also another productive essential oil to avoid diabetes. It is really a good choice for diabetics to achieve a positive impact on blood circulation and for lowering overall blood pressure.
- Thyme – This oil could be a major antiseptic and preventive in the development of cardiovascular diseases – which is something common in diabetic patients.
How Diabetics can use Essential Oils?
The most eminent way to administer essential oils for a diabetic is to use a Nebulizing Diffuser. Nebulizer diffuses these pure oils in their most natural form without any dilution or heat that diminishes the properties of the essential oils.
Another option for the usage of essential oils for diabetes type 2 is to massage into the skin. But one should make sure to dilute pure essential oils with any carrier oil such as almond oil or coconut oil. When we apply these oils topically, then only 2-3% of pure essential oil should be mixed with the carrier oil.